40 Baltimore-based artists and 20 regional and national arts consultants will convene for two days of intensive professional development, community building, and networking. This retreat - conceived by The Contemporary in 2016 - is in service of deepening networks, opportunities, and practices in Baltimore's arts community. The Baltimore Artist Retreat features topical workshops, panel discussions, seminars, and presentations by participating artists. The retreat is free for all selected artists and includes transportation to and from the center, lodging, and all meals.
The 2018 Baltimore Artist Retreat is supported by the Robert W. Deutsch Foundation and the T. Rowe Price Foundation.
Literary, visual, performing, and sound artists currently residing in Baltimore City and Baltimore County are invited to submit an application.
Participating artists will be selected to attend the retreat based on the following criteria:
- an interest in expanding artistic networks;
- a need to access professional development resources;
- a desire to share one’s practice with a broader audience;
- a demonstrated commitment to Baltimore’s arts community.
Participating artists will be required to:
- be open, present, and willing to act as a resource to fellow artists at the retreat and beyond;
- attend all scheduled sessions and remain on site for the entirety of the retreat;
- introduce one’s practice in a six minute public presentation to fellow retreat guests;
- complete a survey and submit to artist retreat staff before Friday, August 10th, 2018.
Applications will close at 12 PM on Monday, May 7th, 2018.